Job opening - Public Relations and Digital Marketing Assistant
Are you looking for a balanced innovative company, a company who allows you to balance your home and professional life, a team who are friendly and social, of whom you can work with on a personal level?
As PR/Marketing Communications Assistant, you will develop and shape the company’s PR campaigns across its services and products, working closely with digital marketing, ensuring a strong news flow across the entire business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to enhance the PR and Marketing function across the entire span of the business. This role supports growth objectives by leading on profile raising activities through the utilisation of a full mix of public relations and marketing channels.
You will be responsible for establishing and executing a number of PR/Marketing/SEO strategies for a number of projects, whilst managing and updating websites and web content including blogs and social media profile pages.
With budget responsibility, you will take responsibility for the implementation of strategy through online marketing campaigns to ensure real return on investment with strong on-line propositions. Equally social media will come under your umbrella within Digital Marketing and a real knowledge of this growing area is a bonus here.
Your strength will be in being able to recognise commercial opportunities through the effective use of Web Marketing on-line. Your skill will be in the very best search SEM conversions through Search PPC, Search SEO, Affiliates, Social Commerce, mCommerce Marketing and digital PR:
- Act as first point of contact for all Marketing and Communications needs for the company; providing relevant guidance and support
- Effective relationship management for all of the company’s projects
- Press release writing
- Write copy for various external and internal communications
- Proof reading and approving material from contractors
- Obtain media coverage for the company’s projects
- Monitor and analyze the coverage. Create and distribute reports to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Liaise with blogs and journalists all over the world
- Engage with influential bloggers globally
- Maintain and organize the PR archive
- Act as an official spokesperson for the company
- Maintain the company’s and the projects’ presence in social networks and on the Social Media
- Seek PR opportunities on a daily basis by scanning the world’s relevant press, twitter, fb and other social platforms
- Create and implement social media strategies to support PR launches and all year round engagement
- Create and implement SEO strategies to support company’s projects’ marketing
- Create, maintain, optimise and retain a portfolio of natural search campaigns
- Analyse campaign data regularly – via rank tracking tools, Google Analytics and other suitable tools
- Picture researching/image selection for ad hoc needs of articles and marketing material
- Continuous improvement of our Content optimization strategy for new and existing projects
- Managing relationships with external partners
- Identifying trends and opportunities as well as keeping abreast of the industry and constantly look for new opportunities as well as best practices
- Reporting on progress and contribute to forecasting efforts
Ideally you will have proven commercial PR/Marketing experience with a minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a similar role either in an in-house marketing team or an SEO or marketing agency.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer with a great eye for details, with at least 4+ years of experience in a PR/communications capacity and a strong academic background. Journalistic experience is highly desirable.
The successful PR/Marketing Communications Assistant will have experience in:
- Strong writing and editorial skills including experience of campaigns with a social media element (desirable).
- Strong PR focussed project management skills (blogs, event PR, launches, sponsorship).
- A minimum of 4 years experience in SEO
- Analytical mindset with experience using Google Analytics/Webmaster tools – this will drive all marketing strategies
- Proven experience in social media campaigns
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced members as well as interns;
- Ability to use WordPress to create websites/landing pages is desirable
- Knowledge of HTML is desirable
- Passionate about and keeping up to date with digital trends is crucial – we want our staff to constantly educate and push themselves
- Have a general understanding and interest of the digital landscape
- Be driven to progress a career and grow a team
- Excellent touch-typing skills
- English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply to a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
If you do not qualify for this position due to the lack of formal education or experience, you can try a similar Internship position in our company.
Why this position is cool
- It is remote, there is no need to visit the office. You are free to work from home or any other location as long as you do your daily reports (tasks completed, time spent, time estimated);
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
If you are in Sweden, it might happen that you could be eligible for one of the Arbetsförmedlingen’s support programs:
- Särskilt anställningsstöd
If you know that you are eligible, please mention that in your application (you can check your eligibility at your local Arbetsförmedlingen office).
Why you should join
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please make sure that your CV proves that you meet all the requirements for the position and send the CV to email@example.com.
In case you have some disability, please do not hesitate to tell us about that; we will try to adjust to make the interview more comfortable for you.
We reserve the right to not respond to any applications that we receive.