Job opening - Software Engineer
We are looking for team members with diverse technical backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider this position.
We are interested in universal coders who like to solve original problems with production-ready code.
What you will do:
- Reasearch-driven development: researching and using new languages and technologies to implement projects in the best possible way;
- Test-Driven Development;
- Extensive use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices;
- git branching and deployment with git;
- Agile practices in software development;
- Extensive knowledge transfer between experienced developers and interns.
- Your engineering attitude is more important than the language stack you are experienced with;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related field;
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred and BS is required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced developers as well as interns;
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following languages: Python/Ruby/Java/Erlang (industry-grade production-ready systems);
- The most important requirement is your ability to learn new technologies and implement them in your work;
- Experience with git, Linux shell, Chef, Docker, *NIX administration.
English language requirement
Tunnll is a small, but international company. In order to communicate efficiently between team members who can be located in different countries, we need a shared communication channel. The same is true for our communications with partners and customers in various locations.
The English requirement for this position is English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply to a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
Why this position is cool
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you as long as overlaps with the working hours of the rest of the team;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
Why you should join
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it by simply searching the Web for “Tunnll”. There is a quite a decent amount of news and mentions of Tunnll from various newspapers, media outlets and other sites.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
The only way to apply for this position is to successfully complete an introductory task. Please, proceed to the respective introductory task page in order to apply: