Job opening - Software Engineer
We are looking for team members with diverse technical backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider this position.
We are interested in universal coders who like to solve original problems with production-ready code.
What you will do:
- Test-Driven Development;
- git branching and deployment with git;
- Agile practices in software development;
- Extensive knowledge transfer between experienced developers and interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related field;
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred and BS is required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced developers as well as interns;
- At least 5 years of experience in one of the following languages: Python/Ruby/Java/Erlang (industry-grade production-ready systems);
- The most important requirement is your ability to learn new technologies and implement them in your work;
- Experience with git, Linux shell, Chef, Docker, UNIX administration.
- English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply to a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
If you do not qualify for this position due to the lack of formal education or experience, you can try a similar Internship position in our company.
Why this position is cool
- It is remote, there is no need to visit the office. You are free to work from home or any other location as long as you do your daily reports (tasks completed, time spent, time estimated);
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
If you are in Sweden, it might happen that you could be eligible for one of the Arbetsförmedlingen’s support programs:
- Särskilt anställningsstöd
If you know that you are eligible, please mention that in your application (you can check your eligibility at your local Arbetsförmedlingen office).
Why you should join
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please make sure that your CV proves that you meet all the requirements for the position and send the CV to email@example.com.
In case you have some disability, please do not hesitate to tell us about that; we will try to adjust to make the interview more comfortable for you.
We reserve the right to not respond to any applications that we receive.