This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for a career rather than just a job. Tunnll has an impressive record of being approved for various funding calls and winning various innovation competitions and we would like the candidate to help us to continue this process. Along with writing convincing funding applications, you are expected to support them with even more convincing presentations which can be delivered in person to the jury/evaluators. This means that we are looking for someone based in Europe to have quick access to various jury days and presentation events around the EU. We would like to have a team member who writes persuading funding applications, who can speak well in public and whom we can send to convince various evaluators/experts that Tunnll’s proposals are worth funding.
- Grant and proposal writing for innovation-based projects: research, draft, write and edit applications for innovation calls like SME Instrument, EUREKA – Eurostars and Emerging and enabling technologies.
- Business and technical writing: research, draft, write and edit applications for business and tech competitions like IoT Innovation World Cup, European Satellite Navigation Competition and Venture Cup Sweden.
- Design, create and review beautiful and convincing presentations and pitch decks to support the funding applications of the company (this activity can be supported by a professional designer from the team).
- Present company’s projects in person and convince jury and evaluators to approve the projects.
- Plan, create and review various reports under the approved grants and other types of financing of the company’s projects.
- Research, discover and monitor new funding opportunities for the company’s projects.
- Design and create different parts of business models for innovative products developed by the company.
- Draft, estimate and plan project activities for grant applications through Gantt charts, work packages and thoroughly defined project objectives.
- 1+ years experience as a business writer, technical writer or a similar position.
- You should be able to demonstrate at least one funding application that has been written by you and that has been approved for funding.
- A certificate of completion of a course like Business Writing or Business Writing (EdX) or a similar professional certificate program is required (this can be replaced by your BSc or MSc degree courses).
- A certificate of completion of a set of courses (specialization) like Business Foundations or a similar set of courses is required (this can be replaced by your BSc or MSc degree courses).
- A certificate of completion of a course like Effective Business Presentations with Powerpoint or similar is required.
- A certificate of completion of a course like Introduction to Public Speaking or similar is required.
- A certificate of completion of a set of online courses like Microsoft Office Specialist or similar is required.
- Ability to present a sound business case and findings as a result of interpreting large amounts of data.
- Experience of working on multiple projects and priorities, with different stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset, the capability to interpret data and drive business conclusions.
- Ability to work across functions and locations.
- You should be located anywhere in Europe and should be ready to present to a jury in person 1-2 times per month (subject to travel reimbursements by the company).
If you would like to join Tunnll’s team you are able to demonstrate (all the requirements below can be satisfied by default if you have completed a relevant BSc/MSc degree):
- Your English language proficiency. Tunnll is a small, but an international company. In order to communicate effectively with team members who can be located in different countries, we need a shared communication channel. The same is true for our communications with partners and customers in various locations. The English requirement for this position is English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply for a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
- Your deep understanding of how remote and distributed teams are organized and how they are different from co-located teams. We highly recommend books on the topic: The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work by Zapier, No Excuses: A Definitive Guide to Building a Remote Team by by HubStaff, DRiVE by RemoteWorkHub, Remote by Basecamp and The Art of Staying Productive even Across Distance by Wrike.
- Your business communication proficiency in a remote and distributed working environment. This can be demonstrated with your university degree or with a free digital certificate of completion of a free online course like BUS210: Corporate Communication from the Saylor Academy. Also, you could use instead a certificate of completion of any related online course like Communication in Virtual and Mobile Work or Communication in the 21st Century Workplace.
Remote and distributed teams enjoy great flexibility in terms of where from and when the team members do their work. You can even work with your laptop from a beach in Thailand, but it is very important that the workplace conditions stay reliable and uninterrupted. All remote team members in Tunnll are required to organize their workplaces to meet the following requirements:
- The workplace should be a single, ideally separated room with no interruptions by noises, other people, etc.
- To allow uninterrupted video calls, a headset/microphone with a noise cancellation feature should be used.
- The workplace should be connected to a stable high-speed internet connection (at least 100 MB/s) ideally backed up with a secondary connection for redundancy.
- The working computer should have at least 16GB of RAM for engineers and designers and at least 8GB for the rest of roles.
- The working computer should be properly maintained on a regular basis (security updates, disk cleanup, antivirus checks, dust cleaning, etc.).
The size of the proposed compensation may depend on your experience, demonstrated professional skills and your communication skills. For entry-level positions (no or small experience) we may find it reasonable to propose a level of compensation which is typical for your current location (example).
Growing the compensation rate as we work together
We are interested in investing in long-term relationships and that is why all compensations are subject to regular increases based on factors like gained experience, overall time spent in the company, number of new books read over the working period and number of the successfully completed online courses.
Remote or not?
Tunnll is a 100% remote-friendly workplace, but if your preference is teamwork in a modern and comfortable office in a great location, we would be glad to accommodate you in one of our focus locations (currently Barcelona, Spain and Sweden/UK coming soon).
Why this position is cool
- Remote from day one. Tunnll has been a remote setup from day one. This means we know what is good for being remote and how to overcome the shortcomings of the distributed setup.
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning – or at any other time slots suitable for you as long as they overlap with the working hours of the rest of the team;
- Interesting and meaningful projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- High-quality tools provided. We provide all team members with full access to the high-quality productivity and development products from Microsoft (Office 365, SharePoint, Visual Studio Enterprise, etc.).
- We pay for your education. As a part of this position you can get your online education expenses reimbursed (Coursera, Safari Books Online, Xamarin University).
- Holiday allowance. When you take days off for the official holidays in your country or just because you don’t feel well, we do not cut your compensation, it stays the same.
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
Why you should join
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it by reading our Twitter, Facebook or the News and Blog pages or by simply searching the Web for “Tunnll”. There is a quite a decent amount of news and mentions of Tunnll from various newspapers, media outlets, and other sites.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with self-organized generalists because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to a specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.