We are looking for team members with C#, .NET and Xamarin backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider this position. We are interested in universal coders who like to solve original problems with production-ready code.
What you will do:
- Cross-platform Xamarin development with MVVMCross;
- .NET and Azure development for backend services;
- Test-Driven Development and BDD;
- Extensive use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices;
- git branching and deployment with git;
- Agile practices in software development with Visual Studio Team Services;
- Extensive knowledge transfer between experienced developers and interns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related fields;
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred and BSc is required;
- You should demonstrate a completed, delivered, shipped and live mobile application (Google Play, Apple Store) which you have developed or have helped to develop.
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced developers as well as interns.
- If you do not meet the requirements, you can try to apply for a similar internship position in our company.
You will get bonus points for these skills:
- A certificate of completion of Programming in C# – Exam 70-483 by Microsoft (this can be obtained by taking the Programming in C# Jump Start course).
- Xamarin Certified Mobile Professional badge.
- A certificate of completion of a set of online courses like Agile Development Specialization or similar.
- A certificate of completion of a course like Product Management with Lean, Agile and System Design Thinking (edX) or other Lean Product Development-related course.
If you would like to join Tunnll’s team you are able to demonstrate (all the requirements below can be satisfied by default if you have completed a relevant BSc/MSc degree):
- Your English language proficiency. Tunnll is a small, but an international company. In order to communicate effectively with team members who can be located in different countries, we need a shared communication channel. The same is true for our communications with partners and customers in various locations. The English requirement for this position is English 6 / English Course B / IELTS Academic 6.5 or higher / TOEFL iBT total score of 575. All applicants who wish to apply for a position at Tunnll must document that they have met the English requirements for the position. Even applicants with English as their first language must document that they meet the requirements for the position they have applied for.
- Your deep understanding of how remote and distributed teams are organized and how they are different from co-located teams. We highly recommend books on the topic: The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work by Zapier, No Excuses: A Definitive Guide to Building a Remote Team by by HubStaff, DRiVE by RemoteWorkHub, Remote by Basecamp and The Art of Staying Productive even Across Distance by Wrike.
- Your business communication proficiency in a remote and distributed working environment. This can be demonstrated with your university degree or with a free digital certificate of completion of a free online course like BUS210: Corporate Communication from the Saylor Academy. Also, you could use instead a certificate of completion of any related online course like Communication in Virtual and Mobile Work or Communication in the 21st Century Workplace.
Remote and distributed teams enjoy great flexibility in terms of where from and when the team members do their work. You can even work with your laptop from a beach in Thailand, but it is very important that the workplace conditions stay reliable and uninterrupted. All remote team members in Tunnll are required to organize their workplaces to meet the following requirements:
- The workplace should be a single, ideally separated room with no interruptions by noises, other people, etc.
- To allow uninterrupted video calls, a headset/microphone with a noise cancellation feature should be used.
- The workplace should be connected to a stable high-speed internet connection (at least 100 MB/s) ideally backed up with a secondary connection for redundancy.
- The working computer should have at least 16GB of RAM for engineers and designers and at least 8GB for the rest of roles.
- The working computer should be properly maintained on a regular basis (security updates, disk cleanup, antivirus checks, dust cleaning, etc.).
The size of the proposed compensation may depend on your experience, demonstrated professional skills and your communication skills. For entry-level positions (no or small experience) we may find it reasonable to propose a level of compensation which is typical for your current location (example).
Growing the compensation rate as we work together
We are interested in investing in long-term relationships and that is why all compensations are subject to regular increases based on factors like gained experience, overall time spent in the company, number of new books read over the working period and number of the successfully completed online courses.
Remote or not?
Tunnll is a 100% remote-friendly workplace, but if your preference is teamwork in a modern and comfortable office in a great location, we would be glad to accommodate you in one of our focus locations (currently Barcelona, Spain and Sweden/UK coming soon).
Why this position is cool
- Remote from day one. Tunnll has been a remote setup from day one. This means we know what is good for being remote and how to overcome the shortcomings of the distributed setup.
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning – or at any other time slots suitable for you as long as they overlap with the working hours of the rest of the team;
- Interesting and meaningful projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- High-quality tools provided. We provide all team members with full access to the high-quality productivity and development products from Microsoft (Office 365, SharePoint, Visual Studio Enterprise, etc.).
- We pay for your education. As a part of this position you can get your online education expenses reimbursed (Coursera, Safari Books Online, Xamarin University).
- Holiday allowance. When you take days off for the official holidays in your country or just because you don’t feel well, we do not cut your compensation, it stays the same.
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
Why you should join
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it by reading our Twitter, Facebook or the News and Blog pages or by simply searching the Web for “Tunnll”. There is a quite a decent amount of news and mentions of Tunnll from various newspapers, media outlets, and other sites.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with self-organized generalists because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to a specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
Please, proceed to the web form in order to apply: Apply to start a career with Tunnll